Role of MosquesWritten by: by Javed Ahmad Ghamidi :: (View All Articles by: Javed Ahmad Ghamidi)
The implications of this Sunnah are very clear: In Islam, mosques are meant to be the fountainhead of authority. Also, there is a complete negation of theocracy. A person whom the Muslims choose as their leader shall also lead them in worship, eliminating once and for all the division between state and religion.
After the Prophet (sws), his Companions solemnly adhered to this Sunnah in the Caliphate they established. However, in later times, when due to their own ill-ways the Muslim rulers could not stand face to face with the public, they themselves handed over the mosques to the ulema. This was the most tragic incident in our history. The result was that religion lost its grace and the state its grandeur. A further consequence of this was that the most ill-suited and corrupt lot of people has assumed the country’s helm of affairs. The whole set-up does not leave the slightest of chance for the able and morally sound to rule and govern the country.
The menace of sectarianism has turned the mosques into citadels which are in a perpetual state of war with one another. This has further led to the creation of professional Maulvis who are an utter disgrace to knowledge and learning. Differences of opinion are very ‘graciously greeted’ by them with fire and fury. They shower ‘special courtesy’ on those who propagate Islamic teachings by slinging cartloads of insults on them. Intellectual endeavours and advancements are the cherished targets of their ‘highly encouraging’ jeers. Every mosque is a stronghold of sectarianism which is taught, encouraged and patronised in place of the Qur’an and Sunnah. It is impossible for any scholar to use a mosque to spread and communicate the message of Islam---an obligation the Almighty has imposed on him according to his abilities.
These evils which emanate from our mosques are apparent to every keen person. They can only be eliminated if the above stated Sunnah of the Prophet (sws) in this regard is revived. In our consideration, this can be done through the following measures:
1. The centre of every administrative unit of the
state should be a Jami‘Masjid, and the division of these units should be
such that one Jami‘Masjid should suffice for one unit.
2. Within each unit, all the administrative offices and courts should be instituted adjacent to this Jami‘Masjid.
3. The state capital together with the provincial capitals should have a central Jami‘Masjid.
4. The address of the Friday prayers should be delivered only by the head of state and only he should lead these prayers in the central Jami‘Masjid of the capital. The provincial governors should be entrusted with this job in the central Jami‘Masjids of the provinces, while the representatives of the government should perform this duty in the Jami‘Masjids of the various administrative units.
5. The Friday prayers should be prohibited in all mosques except the above ones.
6. Mosques should be supervised by the government itself.
7. Every religious scholar should be allowed to deliver a lecture or teach, educate and instruct his students according to his own views in any of these mosques.
|This link is listed for Free.||Learn More about featuring your site.|
|Addition Date:||Added on Oct,27,00 :: Last modified Oct,28,06|
|Title:||Role of Mosques|
|Author's name:||More Articles by Javed Ahmad Ghamidi|
|Link's Owner:||akattih :: Visit Profile|
|Contact Owner:||This owner does not wish to be contacted.|
|Description:||Javed Ahmad Ghamidi analyzes the influence and function of mosques in Islamic society|
|Keywords:||No keywords specified.|
|Listed in Category:||Home: Mosques And Centers: Role of Mosques|
|Number Of Votes:||0 Total Votes.|
|Current Rating:||:: Rate Now|
|Number Of Hits From Our site:||366|
|Number Of Recommendations:||No recommendations yet. :: Recommend Now|
|Number Of Reviews:||No reviews yet. :: Write a Review|
|Guestbook:||No Guestbook entries yet. :: Sign Guestbook|
|Top Sites Banner:||The counter below counts the actual hits that this site and this page have gotten so far. For this counter to be accurate the link owner must insert the MuslimsCounter code on their page, if not then it only represent this page total hits.|