Fasting in IslamWritten by: by Moustafa Kattih :: (View All Articles by: Moustafa Kattih)
1. The meaning of Seyaam is to refrain from the breakers of fasting from dawn to sunset
2. Seyaam is an obligation on every adult, sane, healthy and non-traveling Muslim man and woman, except for women in their monthly cycle and post delivery period.
Intentional Breaking of Fast:
(These exclude any breaking of fast by force, forgetting or mistake)
1- Eating and drinking.
2- Taking vitamins.
3- Intercourse or masturbation.
4- Donating blood.
5- Intentional puking.
6- Begin the monthly cycle or delivery (even a minute before sunset)
Penalty for Intentional Breaking of fast (Kaffaarah):
1- Kaffaarah (penalty) is sixty days of fasting or feeding sixty needy persons.
2- Kaffaarah is for item 3 above only (intercourse and masturbation).
Lawful Breaking of the Fast with Compensation (Fidya):
1. Long illness
2. Elderly men and women
3. Severely hard working conditions.
4. Nursing and pregnant women
5. Fidyah (compensation) is to feed one needy person per every day of breaking the fast.
Lawful Breaking of the Fast with Making up (Kadaa):
3. Women in their monthly cycle.
4. Women in their post-delivery period.
5. Making up is one day of fasting when the condition is over for every day of breaking the fast.
The Sunnahs (Teachings of the Prophet, PBUH) of Seyaam:
1. Suhoor (the pre-dawn meal).
2. Speeding up the breaking of the fast after sunset before Maghrib (sunset) prayer.
3. Break the fast with a piece of date, sweet drink or water.
4. Asking Allah's (God's) mercy and rewards and reciting Qur'an (the Holy Book).
The Lawful Activities during the Fast:
1. Brushing the teeth.
2. All medicine by injections, medical eye and ear drops and eye makeup.
3. Bathing without swallowing water.
The Unlawful Activities during the Fast:
1. Chewing gum.
2. Back-stabbing, bad-mouthing, anger, hostility, foul language, lusting and any act of unkindness and harshness. Obviously, all these acts and attitudes are unlawful at any time for a good Muslim, but they are especially so in Ramadan.
3. There is no relation to Seyaam with being impure (needing of purification bathing).
AND ASALAM ALAYKUM WRAHMATU ALLAH
By Moustafa kattih
|This link is listed for Free.||Learn More about featuring your site.|
|Addition Date:||Added on Nov,08,01 :: Last modified Sep,27,03|
|Title:||Fasting in Islam|
|Author's name:||More Articles by Moustafa Kattih|
|Link's Owner:||akattih :: Visit Profile|
|Contact Owner:||This owner does not wish to be contacted.|
|Description:||No Description specified.|
|Keywords:||No keywords specified.|
|Listed in Category:||Home: Islamic Virtual Library: Islamic Books And Literature: Pillars Of Islam eBooks: Prayers eBooks: Friday Speechs: Fasting in Islam|
|Number Of Votes:||0 Total Votes.|
|Current Rating:||:: Rate Now|
|Number Of Hits From Our site:||116|
|Number Of Recommendations:||No recommendations yet. :: Recommend Now|
|Number Of Reviews:||No reviews yet. :: Write a Review|
|Guestbook:||No Guestbook entries yet. :: Sign Guestbook|
|Top Sites Banner:||The counter below counts the actual hits that this site and this page have gotten so far. For this counter to be accurate the link owner must insert the MuslimsCounter code on their page, if not then it only represent this page total hits.|